link : Iran says US rejected offer as 'not seeking dialogue'
Iran says US rejected offer as 'not seeking dialogue'
Iran said on Monday the US had rejected an offer from Tehran for more robust nuclear inspections in exchange for lifting sanctions because Washington is "not seeking dialogue".
Under the 2015 nuclear deal agreed to by Tehran, Iran must ratify a document, known as the additional protocol, prescribing more intrusive inspections of its nuclear programme eight years after the deal was adopted.
"If the US is really seeking an agreement... Iran can make the additional protocol into law (in 2019) and (the US) at the same time bring a plan to the Congress and lift all illegal sanctions," said foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi.
"But as we predicted it was rejected by them, because we knew that they are not for talks or an agreement that would yield a proper result," he told a news conference.
According to Mousavi, the proposal was made by Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif during a visit this month in New York to dismiss the idea of "Iran being against talks... (while) America is for dialogue".
Tehran and Washington have been at loggerheads ever since President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew the US form the nuclear deal last year and reimposed biting sanctions on Iran.
Iran announced in May it would no longer respect some deal limits set on its nuclear programme in retaliation for US sanctions and threatened to go even further if the deal's remaining parties -- Britain, China, France, Germany and Russia -- do not help it circumvent them, especially to sell its oil.
Envoys from the four countries and Iran met in Vienna on Sunday to discuss ways to stop the deal collapsing amid escalating tensions.
Mousavi said that during the meeting Iran strongly protested the Europeans' "attitude, inactivity and the arrest of some Iranians in Europe at America's behest" as well as the seizure of a tanker carrying Iranian crude oil off Gibraltar in early July.
Despite the disagreements the talks were "frank and decisive" and "cleared the air" for continuing the process, he added.
Related Links
Learn about nuclear weapons doctrine and defense at SpaceWar.com
Learn about missile defense at SpaceWar.com
All about missiles at SpaceWar.com
Learn about the Superpowers of the 21st Century at SpaceWar.com
Thanks for being here; We need your help. The SpaceDaily news network continues to grow but revenues have never been harder to maintain. With the rise of Ad Blockers, and |
Our news coverage takes time and effort to publish 365 days a year.
If you find our news sites informative and useful then please consider becoming a regular supporter or for now make a one off contribution.
SpaceDaily Contributor$5 Billed Once credit card or paypal
$5 Billed Monthly paypal only
Iran Guards report clashes, deaths near western border
Tehran (AFP) July 26, 2019
Iran's Revolutionary Guards said they lost one soldier and killed a number of "anti-revolutionaries" in clashes Friday near the western border with Iraq. A Guards border patrol "encountered and fought with an anti-revolutionary group in Sarvabad," in Kurdistan province, the semi-official Fars news agency reported. The report said an unspecified number of the "anti-revolutionaries were killed and wounded and a considerable amount of their weapons and ammunition was destroyed". One of the Guar ... read more
from Military Space News, Nuclear Weapons, Missile Defense https://ift.tt/2Kb20Ta
via space News
thus Article Iran says US rejected offer as 'not seeking dialogue'
You now read the article Iran says US rejected offer as 'not seeking dialogue'with the link address https://uswordarmy.blogspot.com/2019/07/iran-says-us-rejected-offer-as-not.html
0 Response to "Iran says US rejected offer as 'not seeking dialogue'"
Post a Comment